It is the mission of the Victory Re-education Center (and Health Spa) to develop regionally adapted crops, livestock, and techniques that incorporate the strengths of alternative, conventional, and traditional agriculture.
- We believe in the Golden Mean. No one school of agriculture has all of the answers. Each has its own pro’s and con’s, and different situations require different solutions.
- We believe that adaptability is the key to survival. The world is not static and today’s solution might not work tomorrow. There is always room for improvement.
- We believe in simple solutions that are appropriate to the resources and skills of the user. In most cases, “good enough” is more desirable than “best”.
- Develop a garden rotation that minimizes the need for manual inputs (such as fertilizer, watering, and cultivation).
- Develop a field crop rotation that requires little or no powered equipment and also incorporates grazing animals.
- Develop landrace crops and livestock that are capable good yields with a minimum of labor.
- Develop tools and equipment that inexpensive, easy to make, durable, and simple to maintain
- Develop perennial crops that perform multiple functions and provide alternatives to annual crops
Initial version 6/4/2014