Busy day today, even with a late start.
With the weather being nice, I wanted to get a run built for the chickens. Originally planned to take some fence panels from the dog run to build it. But I realized that one of the old dog pens was salvageable. A little help from the stepson to move, and we were in business. Did not get the nest boxes hung.
Finally got part of the tree inventory done. Only been meaning to do that for 6 years. Also planted seeds for the trees in two of the radial rows. The seed is old, so I am sprouting what I had left over to check germination rates.
Lastly, I started this week’s bread sponge. Did some research on bread recipes to see if I could improve mine. The first idea was to use the sponge method. Second idea was to increase the amount of oil and sugar (molasses in this case). The final idea was to include eggs. It will be interesting see the differences.