- Started another batch of pickled okra. Recipe was the same as as las time, but I added 1/2 a pepper to each jar. Also topped off 3 of the jars from the last batch.
- Trying another recipe for okra. I don’t like blanching vegetables before freezing as in think its messy and a lot of work. This new (to me) method does the blanching in the oven and allows you to bread them at the same time.
1. Slice okra into 1/2″ pieces
2. Make a dry breading mix. (The wife makes mine, so I don’t know the mix. It consists of flour, masa, and seasoning.
3. Bread okra and place on baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. After cooling, place in freezer.
Will try cooking the batch I made tomorrow to see if it works.