- Planted 2 rows of rye, 1 row of buckwheat, and 1 row of white clover. Not getting planting done quickly enough.
- The last surviving squash plants are dying. Next year I am going to stick with Seminole Pumpkin, plant earlier, and start some plants indoors.
- Ordered tree seedlings and seeds. Seedlings are oaks and hazelnuts from Arbor Day. Seeds are Honeylocust, Blacklocust, Green Ash, Hawthorn, Siberian pea, and Hackberry from Sheffields.
- Continued threshing rye by hand. Oddly, this is more difficult than with wheat. Hadn’t heard anyone mention this before.
- Tools I need to build this winter: threshing machine, jab planter, garden cart, and winnowing trays.