- Purchased four more bales of straw. One went to bedding for the chicken coop. Worried what the price of straw will be like next year since this year’s wheat crop is so bad.
- Fixed up the water and feeder a little while spreading straw in the coop. The wife thinks the chicks might have fleas or mites, so I will have to pick up some dust for them.
- Fertigated the corn in the vegetable patch. Need to haul more water before doing the rest of the plants.
- Got one row of tomatoes planted. Just watered them with lime water. Upset that so few of the tomato seedlings survived. Need to research methods of heating the soil in seed flats.
- Started spraying 2,4-D to control Canada Thistle. Only completed the northern two sections today. I hate having to rely on something I can’t make or do myself, but the mechanical method of control wasn’t working.